Whether you are a new homeowner or not, first house or fifth, old house or new – appliances can be tricky. Here is a list of simple “Do’s and Don’ts” that were designed with you in mind in order to help make your life easier. Well, at least when it comes to your washers and dryers!
- As soon as you notice a problem with any of your existing appliances, start investigating
- Refer to the owner’s manual for common troubleshooting issues and what to do about them
- Take a moment to make sure that your appliance is turned on, plugged in and check the circuit breaker
- Keep your appliance clean. Oftentimes appliances will not run the way they are intended to if there is a buildup of dirt, grime or grease. This is particularly true for fridges (dirt, food residue) and dryers (lint, lint, lint)
- Call Appliance Repair Alexandria LA for the services immediately rather than taking the appliance apart on your own
- Other than simple fixes I have outlined above or in previous appliance repair blog posts, DO NOT waste your time and efforts attempting to fix the problem on your own. Taking the problem into your own hands can be disastrous
- Do not take apart the appliance on your own as there is a good chance that you will not be able to get it back together
- If you have ignored the above referenced don’t and are having trouble putting your appliance back together please call me. Even if you manage to get it back together it may not work the way it is supposed to
- Do not try and create a temporary solution that includes tape, glue, etc. This can make the problem worse and at the worst cause serious damage or even a fire
- Don’t rush to fill your home with brand new appliances. I hate to say it, but the truth is (in my humble opinion) that old appliances are usually better constructed than brand new
- Call a service repair company if you do not find a simple solution
If you are seeking appliance repair, please feel free to call the professionals at 703-662-5044. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about your home appliances.